Para X Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Watseka Roff Home, Watseka, IL Oct 8 630pm -overnight

Go down

The Watseka Roff Home, Watseka, IL  Oct 8  630pm -overnight Empty The Watseka Roff Home, Watseka, IL Oct 8 630pm -overnight

Post  ursulakalin Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:50 am

The Watseka Wonder

Called "America's first documented case of spiritual possession," the "Watseka Wonder" is the name given to the strange case of the possession of a young Lurancy Vennum by the spirit of Mary Roff, the daughter of a founder of the small town of Watseka.

As documented by an eyewitness account and later retold in the 1977 novel "Watseka," Mary died suddenly in 1865 at age 19, only to come back 12 years later to possess the body of 14-year-old Lurancy Vennum.

The tale, well known in Watseka and Iroquois County, has also been the subject of writings by philosopher William James, Troy Taylor ("Weird Illinois" and "The Possessed") and most recently the subject of the documentary "The Possessed" by the Booth Brothers.

The Roff Home, where Lurancy lived for 100 days when she believed herself to be possessed by the spirit of Mary Roff, still stands in Watseka today and is currently undergoing an extensive renovation to return it to its former

Join us for a overnight event..we will will conduct a Ghost box sessions class We will introduce you to various “Ghost Box” devices including the legendary “Franks’s Box”, which was sent to Ursula by the creator Frank Sumption,
himself. These rare devices have only been distributed to individuals who Frank was called to deliver through spirits. Ursula has been honored with 8 of these amazing devices We will go to a location and hear real time live
communication with a variety of boxes including Frank’s, Steve, Rich and Chris boxes, Joe's Box which are no longer in circulation. These more complex devices are not to be confused with a hacked radio but are modeled after the original “Frank’s
Box”. We will touch on hacked radio’s, as well. Ursula’s collection includes a total of eleven boxes, including the P-SB 7 (as seen on Ghost Adventurers and Ghost Hunters).

You will also have be able the 90% of the house including the grounds . The home sits on five acres of land that still retains much of its original landscaping from the late 1800s. Some investigators have claimed to have found certain evidence in the stand of oak trees to the west of the home. These trees were originally planted by the Roff family when they built the home in 1868.While we were there we obtained quite a few evp from the grounds alone feel free to check out our evp from our last visit including under best evp a residual evp of a young child "

The owner requests anyone interested in meditation at the Roff Home before the event 30 minutes early.

The Healing Wall

During your visit, you can place a record of your action of healing in the wall in the room in which Lurancy stayed, in honor of her time here and of the healing that her time represented. Your posting can be open, for later visitors to read, or you can seal it in an envelope, never to be opened. When Lurancy's room is replastered, all postings will be sealed in plastic and encased in the wall of her room for some future owner in some future generation to discover.

10% of the proceeds will go to charity.

Guest speakers

Juli Velazquez (Juli Botwinski-Velazquez)
featured in the movie "The Possessed" on SyFy and Children of the Grave.

Alexander Felix -founder of West Chicago Paranormal, A.K.A. We-Go Paranormal, and lead investigator for Ghost Tours of Naperville.

,No Hard Alcohol

Guest speakers
Juli Velazquez

." I have had two near death experiences, knowing first hand that there is more to death, than what we can see. As a result of crossing over, I have been blessed with the gifts of clairvoyance, clairaudient and clairsentient (Empathic) being one of my strongest senses. I utilize these gifts in assisting authorities in locating missing persons, in the hopes of bring them home. I am also a professional Genealogist and title researcher (in the title industry) specializing in deeds, abstracts and vital records, for the late 1800 – 1900’s, holding fast with experience since 1987. I am a former owner of a Queen Anne Haunted Victorian, which has been featured in various newspapers and the subject of radio shows across the country. I have had reoccurring appearances on WCIA News (NBC network affiliate), and the Comcast Cable series (Paranormal CPR) bringing paranormal awareness to the general public. I am a Chicago native, comprised with knowledge of the local folklore and legends as well as the tragic history that surrounds the Windy City. I concentrate my investigations on the history of each location, for it is the foundation on which the haunting is based. I have been known as one of the leading researchers in two way real time spirit communication, and hold the honor of being second women in the world to own a Frank’s Box.
I am an advocate for education in the paranormal lecturing and teaching classes to those interested in the supernatural. I am one of the paranormal spokes persons for Ashmore Estates and I believe by educating those who are interested in the history of the haunt will enhance their experience and knowledge further advancing our goals in obtaining scientific proof that there is life after death. In addition, I am currently authoring several books in the paranormal as well as being featured in the movie "The Possessed" on SyFy and Children of the Grave II, due out in December 2010. It is a chance to see first hand the many accomplished female investigators who are not intimidated by scientific equipment or technology used in this field. Most of us are all strong willed women, very passionate, dedicated and extremely determined in producing results. Therefore stopping at nothing in pursuit of our battle on the front lines of a new Paranormal Revolution!"

also Guest speaker
Alexander Felix

"I am Alexander Felix, founder of West Chicago Paranormal, A.K.A. We-Go Paranormal, and lead investigator for Ghost Tours of Naperville.

We're a local paranormal group that investigates local and state-wide hauntings and paranormal phenomenon.

I am Alexander Felix, a co-founder of West Chicago Paranormal, A.K.A. We-Go Paranormal, and lead investigator for Ghost Tours of Naperville.

We're a local paranormal group that investigates local and state-wide hauntings and other paranormal phenomenon. If you are interested in the paranormal, or have experienced anything yourself, please tell us about it, or join our group.

Our Mission

The West Chicago Paranormal Research Society is dedicated to professional and scientific compilation of evidence of paranormal activity, ranging from intelligent hauntings to crypto-zoology. We strive to investigate thoroughly and objectively, seeking out all possible explanations before accepting evidence as supportive of paranormal activity.

Formed in October 2006, we implement and plan upcoming investigations, review evidence from previous investigations, and discuss equipment and methods for paranormal investigations."

The Watseka Wonder

Called "America's first documented case of spiritual possession," the "Watseka Wonder" is the name given to the strange case of the possession of a young Lurancy Vennum by the spirit of Mary Roff, the daughter of a founder of the small town of Watseka.

As documented by an eyewitness account and later retold in the 1977 novel "Watseka," Mary died suddenly in 1865 at age 19, only to come back 12 years later to possess the body of 14-year-old Lurancy Vennum.

The tale, well known in Watseka and Iroquois County, has also been the subject of writings by philosopher William James, Troy Taylor ("Weird Illinois" and "The Possessed") and most recently the subject of the documentary "The Possessed" by the Booth Brothers.

The Roff Home, where Lurancy lived for 100 days when she believed herself to be possessed by the spirit of Mary Roff, still stands in Watseka today and is currently undergoing an extensive renovation to return it to its former

Join us for a overnight event..we will will conduct a Ghost box sessions class We will introduce you to various “Ghost Box” devices including the legendary “Franks’s Box”, which was sent to Ursula by the creator Frank Sumption,
himself. These rare devices have only been distributed to individuals who Frank was called to deliver through spirits. Ursula has been honored with two of these amazing devices (#67 & #83). We will go to a location and hear real time live
communication with a variety of boxes including Frank’s, Steve, Rich and Chris boxes, which are no longer in circulation. These more complex devices are not to be confused with a hacked radio but are modeled after the original “Frank’s
Box”. We will touch on hacked radio’s, as well. Ursula’s collection includes a total of eleven boxes, including the P-SB 7 (as seen on Ghost Adventurers and Ghost Hunters).

You will also have be able the 90% of the house including the grounds . The home sits on five acres of land that still retains much of its original landscaping from the late 1800s. Some investigators have claimed to have found certain evidence in the stand of oak trees to the west of the home. These trees were originally planted by the Roff family when they built the home in 1868.While we were there we obtained quite a few evp from the grounds alone feel free to check out our evp from our last visit including under best evp a residual evp of a young child "

The owner requests anyone interested in meditation at the Roff Home before the event 30 minutes early.

The Healing Wall

During your visit, you can place a record of your action of healing in the wall in the room in which Lurancy stayed, in honor of her time here and of the healing that her time represented. Your posting can be open, for later visitors to read, or you can seal it in an envelope, never to be opened. When Lurancy's room is replastered, all postings will be sealed in plastic and encased in the wall of her room for some future owner in some future generation to discover.

10% of the proceeds will go to charity.

ursulakalin.com

ursulakalin

Back to top Go down